Saturday, June 11, 2016

Coming Soon!!!

Hope you're ready for some really cool pictures!!?? If you are, then you're in for a treat with this set of images captured aboard the TUI Mein Schiff 3. As a personal project, I wanted to take individual portraits of the artist that perform in the Variete show. Since the show has a circus-esque type of theme, the images needed to represent a similar look. With the little amount of tech available to me and the very limited space available for a studio, we built a makeshift location and got to work.


While the various talents were getting their make-up and costumes ready for the show, the first ones had their picture taken. Now, this all went very fast as they had to be on stage minutes after the picture was taken-- so, all in all, I believe the maximum time spent with each person may have been about 30sec. to a maybe 1min.  This of course presented a challenge of sorts in making sure I got a decent image out of each talent.

For this project, I used a Fujifilm xt-10 with a 35mm f/1.4 lens. For light I brought in two Nikon SB-800 flashes synced with my camera using a set of PocketWizards. One of the flashes had a full CTO filter and the key unfortunately had to sport a soft box. I also used a large reflector to bounce in some extra light where it was needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment